Raw. Low fat. Gluten free.
This beauty x 2 was whipped up in under 10 minutes!! Such a light, nutritious snack option/dessert. It is all fruit minus a small amount of coconut!
- 1/2 C dried shredded coconut
- 5-6 medjool dates
- pinch of Himalayan salt (optional)
- 2 mini pie pans or silicon cupcake moulds could work too
Blueberry- banana filling:
- 1/2 C thawed frozen or fresh blueberries
-1/2 C chopped banana
- 2 dates
- 1 T chia seeds or psyllium husks (optional- they help give the filling a more gelatinised consistency)
- In a food processor throw all of the crust ingredients (dates de-pitted) and pulse until a firm dough consistency is formed.
- Using your hands, mould the dough into the pie moulds and place into the freezer to set whilst preparing the filling.
- Throw all of the blueberry-banana filling mixture either into the food processor and process until a desired consistency is achieved or use a blended for a smoother consistency (however chunks do not matter in a case such as this and it’s not worth washing up more than you need ).
- Pour the filling mixture onto the pie crusts and sit in the freezer until set or you can eat as they are depending on how impatient and chilly you want them. Garnish with extra blueberries and/or coconut. Who would have thought plants could look and taste soo good!!